1. An interesting thing from Fred Pohl’s The Way the Future Blogs: Gaia, it seems, is dead. Long live Medea. The only thing that bothered me about it was that FP seemed to have Medea mixed up with Procne (and maybe a touch of Atreus). Sure Medea was savage sometimes, treacherous if it suited her, and a child-murderer a little bit, but she did draw the line at cannibalism. And everyone was impressed by her cooking.
But not to kvetch. Especially given the recent sad news about Charles Brown, we should be grateful Fred Pohl is still around and stirring things up.
3. Still in a classical vein: Michael Ventrella interviews my epically great agent, Mike Kabongo.
4. (a.) My responses to the questions generated last week by Joe Mallozzi’s book club are now up on Joe’s blog. They are full of incident, adventure, and mordant wit. Well, words, anyway. Words, words, words.
4. (b.) The rebirth of Adventures in Sci-Fi Publishing continues… and hopefully will not be threatened by the latest podcast, which contains an interview with the oversigned.
5. No parking Tuesdays, Thursdays, weekdays, or other days.